Full-time/ part time · CA$13.35 / hour
# 898 , Rte 335, West Pubnico, Nova Scotia, NS, Canada B0W3S0
Posted 12 weeks ago or 25 hr a week
JOB OFFER: Interpreting guide at the Museum
The Acadian Historical Society of Pubnico-West,
Job Offer Full Time / Part Time
Candidate must be bilingual
Location: Museum of Acadiens des Pubnicos
Interpreting guide at the Musée - the employee should be open and able to wear an Acadian costume.
-Provides interpretation programs related to Acadian history and local history of east and west Pubnico.
Under the direction of the Director, the Heritage Interpreter will be responsible for:
• Delivery of a varied schedule of interpretation programs: including demonstrations and historical tools and crafts workshops, theatre performances, storytelling and guided museum tours, outdoor exhibitions and from the grounds of the Musée des Acadiens des Pubnicos and the Site of the Research Centre.
• Assist in the research and development of new interpretation programs.
• Assist in advertising and promotion of programs.
• Maintenance of artifacts, equipment, and files used in the delivery of interpretation programs.
• Assist in coordinating the volunteers involved in the implementation of the program.
• Assist in the operation of the museum shop as needed.
For more information and to apply, please contact Elaine Surette or Bernice d’Entremont
Acadian museum and research centre
C.P. 92 West Pubnico
Yarmouth county, N. -It is.
P.O. Box 92, West Pubnico